I try never to duplicate entries on RLGibson.com that I have posted on ArtAndArtDeadlines.com ; however, this one is a great opportunity that I think you should bookmark. This call from Austin Museum of Digital Art has no fees and no Deadlines…so it is a great pick me up when you’re floundering for a show to enter.
I get a lot of email, queries and facebook comments as to the legitimacy of the calls I post. And, while I understand that one rotten apple can spoil the barrel. Rest assured, I make every effort to sniff out the bad apples. To my knowledge, I have never post a fraudulent or scam call. Let me know if I ever do.
On that note, I am always hesitant to post calls for online exhibitions because they tend to strike my readers as a way to lose their cash for little benefit in return. However I must say, I am a big fan of art organizations that lay it all out there. Take today’s call for example.
The Austin Museum of Digital Art says, “Since AMODA currently has no permanent exhibition space, there are some types of visual art that are more practical for us to present than others. In particular, we are seeking artwork to display in our Digital Showcase Series. The Digital Showcase is a one night only event featuring live electronic music and visual art in a social setting, such as a bar or nightclub.” I get it, and I appreciate the fact that the call isn’t hidden in some vague archaic language.
Austin is known for its innovative art vision, and I love the idea of bringing art to the public instead of coercing the public to come see art. Here’s the call:
The Austin Museum of Digital Art is open to receiving a wide range of visual art submissions, including anything that they would define as digital art. Please see their About Digital Art page for more information.
“However, since AMODA currently has no permanent exhibition space, there are some types of visual art that are more practical for us to present than others. In particular, we are seeking artwork to display in our Digital Showcase Series. The Digital Showcase is a one night only event featuring live electronic music and visual art in a social setting, such as a bar or nightclub.”
The forms of art that work well in these events are video art, computer animation, digital prints, performance pieces, live video, multimedia installations, and interactive pieces. To submit visual art for their Digital Showcases Series, please send an email to email@example.com. (See the submission guidelines below for more info on what to include in your email.)
Each Digital Showcase features a different flyer illustrator. If you would like your work to be considered, please contact their Creative Team Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. (See the submission guidelines below for more info on what to include in your email.)
Examples of your work:
- when you send a submission, please include examples of your art, music, etc.
- they strongly prefer a link to a website where we can view or listen to examples of your work
- if this is not possible, you may also attach images, audio files, or short video files to your email
Short bio and work description:
- it would be helpful to include a short bio and description of your work
- this may include your history as an artist, where your work has previously been shown, where you have previously performed, etc.
- it may also include details on the concept/subject of your work, and any special display considerations
- they prefer a link to a website where they can read this information, but you may also include it in the body of your email, or as an attachment
- they make every effort to read and catalog all submissions, and consider them for future events
- however, AMODA is an all-volunteer organization and cannot guarantee a reply to every submission
- even if you do not receive a reply, please feel free to send additional submissions in the future, as you create new work (this is an exception to most gallery rules)
For more information, please visit the AMODA Call for Submissions.
ArtAndArtDeadlines.com is a free service–forever and always. But clicking on a sponsor’s ad can help you find additional Art Deadlines and help this service remain free. I’ve filtered the ads so they are mostly about art. I hope you find something intriguing! Thanks for your support!